Friday, March 15, 2013

On the phone w/ SSA

I'm trying to schedule an appt to apply for my benefits, but there's not one to be found.  :'( I did find out that the normal length of time between filing and the decision (approved or denied) is approximately four months (for SSDI). For DAC, it will probably be shorter, thank goodness... unless, of course, I'm denied, lol. I do need to find out if my lawyer will be willing to handle my appeal in the event that I'm denied. If not, I guess I better start thinking about who I want to be my new lawyer...

Well, that's all for now. I have my appt for my X-rays on Monday, and then on Wednesday I have to see my PCP to get the results of my labwork and find out if I'm diabetic or not. (What fun!) I need to make sure my lawyer has all her (doctor's) info so she can get my medical records from her (I am so glad my lawyer's getting paid on a contingency basis; I shudder to think how much this would cost me per hour! I'd be paying for years to come! lol)

So as of now, the waiting game. I just hope I don't have to wait too long, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment