Wednesday, June 26, 2013

On my way to getting a job

I had my orientation with DARS this morning, and tomorrow I get to call and tell them if I want to work with them. (I do. I knew that going in today.)

Hopefully by Christmas I'll be employed. That would be the awesomest present ever! If not Christmas, then early in the new year. My case manager at LifeNet also told me that I may be able to get a house through Habitat for Humanity, which I thought was just for victims of natural disasters and things like that, but he said no, they also help low-income folks who are working to pull themselves up. It would be cool if I could get a house through them. It's not like they'd just give me a house though... they'd loan me the money for it and then I'd pay it back. I don't care how they do it. Just... a house! Of my very own!

All this is in the future, of course. First I have to get a job, work and save for a year or so to prove I can, and then I'll see about getting a house, whether it's through Habitat or another source.

Things are looking up! :-) The only way they could be better is if I heard from Dallas Housing Authority soon on whether they'll approve my move to my new apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment