Monday, October 15, 2012

Being unemployed sucks. I wish to go on record.

There is so much bad about not having a job. I'm currently living off of my SSI and my dad's retirement, which amounts to a little over $700/month. I have some bills to pay, food to buy, etc. I would love to have a job, though!

Most of you who know/remember me know about my speech problems, though (which I believe is one of the things keeping me from getting a job... I was told point-blank by the manager of one of the places I applied to that because some bigwigs from their corporate office often came to their store, I would not be hired because of my speech... and yes, I know it's a violation of the ADA, but I'm not interested in suing them. Too much hassle, it was a while ago, I have no proof, etc.)

One of my dream jobs would be to work in a book or a music store. As a lot of you know, I love to read and I love music. Working around those would truly be awesome.

Another thing I could do is secretarial/administrative assistant/personal assistant. I'm good on the computer, I can type, file, all that. But again, there's the speech issue to deal with. I wish I knew of a place that would hire disabled people to work alongside the non-handicapped.

If any of y'all know of any job openings, please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Glenna,

    Is there a Kroger close to you? I know the one by my house hires disabled people. Perhaps you could try there???

    ReplyDelete