Sunday, January 20, 2013

A huge dream of mine...

One of my dream jobs would be to work in a book or music store (like Border's, before they went under, or Barnes & Noble). I would love to get a small-business loan (yeah, right, my credit sucks) and be able to buy a building and open my own store (like Half-Price Books). I'd need a partner, of course, someone who has management/accounting experience. (I've never managed anything in my life, and financial stuff makes me break out in hives... Okay, that's a slight exaggeration, but not much of one. lol) I'd love to sell books, music, movies, and cards, and maybe have a little cafe (like most bookstores have these days).

I've always been a huge reader, not to mention I'm passionate about music, so being around books and CDs and DVDs all day would be like a dream come true. Maybe I could start small; have a yard sale and sell some of the stuff I have already. (I don't have a lot of books and stuff, and most of what I have I want to keep, but I'm going to have to do a lot of weeding before I move anyway...) One of the reasons I haven't been able to find a job, I think, is because of my speech (I had one lady tell me outright that that was why I wouldn't be hired... evidently people from the corporate office stopped in sometimes, and I forget what else she said. I was too stunned to pay attention. :-() Unfortunately it was awhile back, so it's probably too late to contact the EEOC and file a complaint under the ADA.

No comments:

Post a Comment