Thursday, January 31, 2013

Not good news, but I can take care of it

I went to my appointment today, and guess what? They couldn't find a trace of my dad in the computer. I gave the lady his name, his birthdate, birthplace, my grandmother's maiden name... nope, not there. WTF? I called the lady in charge of the DFW Airport retirement plan (whatever they call it) and asked her to call me back with his social security number. (I hope they have it.) Now I just have to wait...

I also found out the correct terminology for what I'm applying for... it's Disabled Adult Children's benefits. Now I don't have to give the lengthy explanation the next time I have an appointment.

I have a doctor's appointment at the end of next month. I'm going to try to get a full physical exam (I expect Social Security will want proof from a doctor that I have the disabilities that I say I do. Of course they know I have cerebral palsy and scoliosis, but I also have arthritis, emphysema, and bipolar disorder, all of which I was diagnosed with after I was approved for SSI.) So I guess sometime in March I'll go back to Social Security and apply for DAC benefits. Hopefully I'll be able to get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment