Monday, January 7, 2013

Update

I'm back to trying to save up all the spare change I can. Every little bit helps, you know! That means no more getting depressed and buying loads of candy bars from the vending machine in our building. I'll have to find some other way to make myself feel better and sort of give myself that rush I normally would get from chocolate.

I'm going to try to see how much I can save up for my birthday, and then the back to school sales later in the summer, and then Christmas. I'm going to go get my ID renewed tomorrow (Tuesday) so I can open a bank account with my dad's check. I'm planning on opening both a checking and a savings account and putting back at least $25/month in savings.

One good thing -- I now have full-time housekeeping, paid for by Medicaid. So I don't have to pay for housecleaning anymore. Yay! Right now, we're just busy cleaning out my closet and drawers, trying to declutter things. I need to go through all my storage totes and see what I can throw out and what I can keep, and I need to see about renting a storage unit (there's a U-Haul place not far from where I live, so maybe I can get a place there for not too much money).

Let's see... not much else is going on right now. I'm still sad that I can't move down to Copperas  Cove with my friend (she sent me a text on Friday saying she's leaving today), but maybe I can find another roommate. I hope so. I really do need to get out on my own (relatively speaking, since I'll still be living with someone), and Alaska needs more space, too. My counselor told me about a dog park off of Mockingbird (note to self: find out where it is exactly) that I can take her to. He said they won't allow dogs on leashes once you're inside, but it's fenced in well so I can let her run and play. Hopefully there will be lots of other dogs there so she'll have other four-legged pals to get to know.

Well, that's it for now. Hopefully I'll have more good news as time goes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment