Thursday, January 3, 2013

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday

But a backache, plug legs hurting, plus stomach cramps, plus a severe case of the runs=not a good time had by me! I was over all of it by early afternoon, but still didn't feel well enough to get online. As you can see now, however, I'm feeling fine, although I just wanted someone to shoot me and put me out of my misery yesterday, lol.

I'm still chomping at the bit waiting to hear if my roommate's friend tells her that he has his other house for rent. That's the 3 bdrm/2 bath that I really want. I have no idea what it looks like, but it sure sounds big enough for two women and four dogs. I'd like to see some pictures, but I guess I can wait on that, too.

I guess so far my new year is getting off to a pretty good start. Unfortunately, my no-smoking thing isn't going too well. I only smoked one cigarette yesterday (because I was sick), but I bought a pack around 2:30 this morning (yeah, I was up early!) and have already smoked half of it (as of 9:00 a.m.) :-( But I promise I will quit by the time we're ready to move!

I need to remember to go by the DPS next week and get my ID renewed so I can open a bank account. It'll be easier for me to withdraw money instead of cashing a check and carrying a bunch of cash around at the beginning of the month. Also, if and when I do move, even though I'll still have to tell Social Security, I won't have the hassle of wondering if they'll get my change of address on file in time for me to get my next check.  I know they have that Direct Express card, but still I'd like to have all my money in one place (plus the bank I want to use charges a fee if your direct deposit is less than $500/month). So I need to go to the Social Security office anyway to get direct deposit set up. I guess I can wait on that for awhile; I just want a bank account for my pension check right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment