Sunday, January 20, 2013

Would love some feedback

I just read a story on Huffington Post, and some of the comments got me to thinking. We're called not to judge ("Judge not lest ye be judged"), and yet we're also called to call sin sin. Now in my opinion, the kind of judging Christ was referring to was like "You're going to hell" for this or that. Some things are evil and sinful. If we're not to judge, how can we call the Holocaust evil? How can we say that Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden were evil men?

In this post, I'm not talking about gay rights or gay marriage, even though the HuffPost article was. I believe, as do a lot of other people, that God created some people gay, just like he created some people straight or bi or transgender. (I actually met a male-to-female transperson last year, and had no problem referring to her by her chosen gender identity.) I;m just speaking in general terms about how my view of any given topic can be right for me and yours can be right for you, and no one has a right to judge another. Well, we do judge each other all the time.

For example, I appreciate all the humanitarian things Angelina Jolie does, but I don't like her because 1. She stole Brad Pitt from Jennifer Aniston, and 2. She's a spoiled b!tch. From all I've read about her, in her personal life, it's her way or no way. You can't be that way in a relationship, and even though Brad was wrong in what he did, I think he's a saint to have put up with her for 7(?) years. (Of course, he does have his kids to think about, too, and I can totally understand his wanting to stay with her for their sake.)

And then there are all the hypocritical Republicans (Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney, to name two). Newt because not only has he been married three times, but he cheated on Wife #1 with Wife#2, and on Wife #2 with Wife #3. And yet allowing gays to marry would "destroy the sanctity of marriage". WTF And of course with good ol' Mitt, when he was governor  of MA, there was Romneycare. Yet when we get Obamacare (which is exactly the same thing as Romneycare), suddenly he's against it. Why, unless it's just because Obama's a Democrat? It kinda disgusts me how the Republicans shoot down everything our President tries to do just because he's a Democrat. (The Democrats do the same to the Republicans, of course, but at least the Democrats aren't trying to send us back to the 50s or something. I'm talking about how they're against abortion -- I believe that sometimes it's necessary to have an abortion, like if the mother's health/life is in jeopardy, or even in cases of rape or incest. (Todd Akins's talk about "legitimate rape"? *gags* Where do people -- MEN -- like that get off?!) And they're being against birth control. It's up to the COUPLE to decide when they want to start a family, how many kids they want, etc. It's sickening how some people want to control a woman's body.)

If these people are so concerned about the "sanctity of marriage", why not outlaw divorce (except in isolated cases, such as infidelity or abuse)? Get rid of the "irreconcilable differences" bs (which as far as I can tell, means that on spouse refuses to "reconcile" themselves to the fact that the other is cheating on them every chance they get). (Yep, listen to me, the wise, NEVER-BEEN-MARRIED guru... lol.)

I think I may have just found a new church to try out. It's in all-inclusive church (White Rock Community Church on Garland Rd.... has anyone been there? Anyone know anything about it?) Yes, it's kind of far away, and I may continue church-shopping for one closer, but for now I think I'm going to check that one out (next Sunday -- unfortunately it's too late to make it to services this week. Of course I could try to go on Wednesday night, or one of their Friday night services.) I never thought I'd be interested in going to church again, but I really need the fellowship. I'm tired of never going anywhere or doing anything. Also, maybe if I start networking with people, I can find a job/a place to live. I won't get my hopes up, but it is a possibility. I can talk to the pastors there and see if they can help me out.

Well, again, if anyone has any feedback, I'd love to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment