Monday, January 28, 2013

Have an appt. at Social Security on Thursday

I'll be applying (for the second time) for SSDI. I hope I can get it this time. I'm going to call a lawyer as soon as I get home and see if he'll work with me to get it. I'm hoping that if I can get even a few hundred dollars more a month, then I can save enough by the end of the year to make a down payment on a house.

My roommate talked to a paralegal in her lawyer's office this morning (she said the woman was awfully rude!) and the paralegal will talk to the lawyer. I hope he'll finally get off his ass and help her!  She needs the money!

I think I have a couple of hundred in savings right now. Hopefully I'll get my check from my dad's retirement tomorrow. With my weekly allowance, that will be $184. I need to do some grocery shopping, and I also have an appt. at the groomer's next Monday for Alaska. That'll cost about $60.  I also need to get some quarters to do laundry (another reason I want to get my own place... I can have a washing machine and dryer that I don't have to pay to use!).

I need a new phone. The screen froze on my current one and I can't use the little slider thingy to unlock it. I hope I have insurance on it. I really don't want to have to pay for a new one (or at least pay full price, which I believe was $60). Sometimes technology is more trouble than it's worth, lol. I can say the same about my computer, although it's not really the computer's fault that the broadband link is unavailable (and comes back when it damn well pleases), or that the DNS lookup failed (what the hell does that even mean???). Sometimes I feel like doing an Elvis (am I the only one who's heard the story (possibly apocryphal) that whenever Elvis didn't like what was on tv, he'd pull out a gun and shoot it? Good thing I don't have a gun in my possession; I'd be doing that to my computer at least five times a day. lmao) #firstworldproblems

Well, I'll probably update between now and Thursday, but I'll definitely let you all know how my appt. with Social Security went!

No comments:

Post a Comment