Monday, December 31, 2012

Thinking about furnishing our new home :-)

We're not even close to moving at this point, and I'm already thinking of what we'll need in the way of furnishings, lol. We both have bedroom furniture... beds, dressers, etc. I have two dressers, in fact -- a six drawer and a five-drawer (one of the drawers in the five-drawer is broken, though... the front needs to be glued on). I also have a desk with three drawers in it and a cupboard on top (gee, ya think I have enough storage?!?! lmao).

We'll need living and dining room furniture. A sofa, chairs, coffee table, end tables, lamps, a dining table and chairs... hope we have plenty of storage in the kitchen. I have silverware, a coffee maker (want a new one, though, but I can afford to buy one), a blender, and a toaster. I have a few dishes and a couple of pans and a skillet... and a wok, if we ever want to do stir-fry for a meal. I want to start going through all my stuff pretty soon and deciding what to throw out and what to keep. I have about five storage totes filled with stuff, and I can start there. Empty them out so I can pack stuff up when my roommate gives me the word that we're ready. (I just hope I have a few weeks notice.... enough time to get my address changed with Social Security, definitely. I'm going to try to go get my ID renewed soon so I can open a bank account. Of course, I'll have to get my ID updated when we move, too, so I'm not sure what to do about that right now.

She said that we can get whatever we need off of freecycle, and her friend will help us pick up whatever we're given, so that's a relief. I wonder if we should go ahead and check the groups for around the Cove? I'm getting ahead of myself, aren't I? But I'm just so excited! (Unfortunately, that's a symptom of my bipolar disorder. I just go off on my own little way without considering that things may not be how I think they are, and then I get in trouble. Hopefully my roommate will be able to help me rein in that impulsivity. And that's another thing... I need to find a good psychiatrist and/or therapist in the Cove when I get down there. I can look one up in the Yellow Pages, or maybe find on online or through my Medicaid plan.)

(I'm also excited about (hopefully) being able to change my location on my blog to "Copperas Cove, TX USA" soon. lol And maybe finding someone to tell me how to change the damn time  stamp on here as well! It's driving me crazy having my blog say I'm on Pacific Standard Time when I'm not!!!)

1 comment:

  1. We'll also need a couple of TVs and DVD players. I want a stereo system, too. I can definitely get those off of Amazon, if necessary, or go to on of the "big box" stores. I'm thinking Amazon, though, so I can have them delivered to the house. (Who wants to lug a bunch of stuff home in a cab or something???)

    ReplyDelete