Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Had a great Christmas!

Donna's husband Jeff and their son Luke came and picked me up around 12:20 and we got to their house a little after 1. (It started raining while we were en route, and snowing shortly after we got there. I had my white Christmas, yay! :-) Jeff's parents Ray and Becky got to the house between 1:30 and 2:00, and were very nice. (I found out that Becky is an NCIS fan like me!) Jeff's brother's Doug and Curtis were also there with their wives Julie and Cheven, and a beautiful baby girl named Piper (I forget who is married to whom and who's daughter Piper is... oops! It was Piper's first Christmas, I should say. AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! :-D)

I think we ate lunch around 2:30 or 3:00, then we sat around and visited for awhile and opened presents around 6. Donna gave me a book about Mother Theresa (I can't wait to read it! I've always admired her), a mug and a can of chocolate mint hot chocolate (yum!), and a small picture of Jake and Luke. Her parents also sent me a pretty scarf. That was so nice of them!

Unfortunately I had to leave shortly after the presents were opened. We'd planned on me spending the night, but Donna had some stuff to do today, so they wouldn't be able to bring me home. :-( So I didn't get to go around and take pictures of all the Christmas lights like I wanted to. Maybe next year.

Jeff drove past our old high school (turns out he graduated three years ahead of Donna and me, and Ray taught shop there for 35 years... I felt kind of bad about not remembering him until Donna told me that the shop was kind of out of the way.) The only part of the school I recognized was the "new" front (new my senior year). He explained that the buildings were sort of falling apart, so several years ago they decided that instead of spending money making repairs all the time, they'd just tear virtually the whole thing down and rebuild it. (I wish we could have stopped so I could take pictures, but I don't have anything to compare them to, unless I could find some pictures of the old building online.)

All in all, though, it was a really good day, and I thank Jeff and Donna for opening their home to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment