Thursday, December 27, 2012

Wonderful news!!!!!

I'm chatting on Facebook with my friend who wants me to move in with her. She knows a guy with some rental properties in Copperas Cove (near Ft. Hood, equidistant from Austin and Waco), and he said he'd let us live in one rent-free! (No utilities either; we'll just have to pay for cable/internet/phone.) It will probably be about six weeks before we can move, because her dog is about to have her puppies.

The only bad thing is that it's 2 1/2 hours away, and I don't know about things like public transportation. The city has more than 30,000 people, so I imagine there's some sort of bus service there. I'm wondering about a Greyhound station, too, so I can come back to Dallas once in a while to visit.

It'll be good for me to be out on my own, have a larger space than an apartment, and Alaska will have a backyard to spend most of her time in (with three other dogs). I just asked her if the house comes with furniture, and she says we'll probably have to  furnish it ourselves. We're both on Freecycle, though, so we can post requests on there to get some stuff. Also, I'm going to be saving as much money as I can to get some stuff from Amazon (don't know if they sell anything in the way of furniture, but I can check). Also, maybe I can check eBay or some sites and see what I can find.

I'm really excited about moving! Everyone cross your fingers that things will work out for my friend and me!

1 comment:

  1. NO NEED TO SEARCH ON EBAY. WWW.FREECYCLE.ORG HAS STUFF FOR FREE! MY FRIEND HAS A TRUCK WE CAN PICK UP WHATEVER ITEMS WE FIND.

    ReplyDelete